Brucie and I have been sick all week. Monday, he and I went to the doctor and she basically told us that we’d be okay in a few days and that it was probably just a virus. She gave us some drops for his eyes. Tuesday and Wednesday were the worst days for B. He had a fever off and on both days. Tylenol seemed to bring it down, but it would go back up once the Tylenol started to wear off. Yesterday he seemed a bit better. He slept from 6pm the night before to 9am that morning, and I had to wake him up from a sound sleep. He was less sleepy and didn’t have a fever until the end of the day. I was going to take him to the doctor yesterday morning, but decided against it because it seemed like he was getting better. I thought for sure he would be okay by today.
This morning he woke up at 6:30 crying and I couldn’t console him. I didn’t know what to do. Eventually I got him calmed down when i gavbe him some water, but he was still pretty whiney. I called the sitter to let her know I wouldn’t be bringing him again today, and headed off to the urgent care clinic.
He has ear infections in both ears. The poor little guy! I feel so bad for not taking him to the doctor yesterday. I called in the morning but they couldn’t fit us in until 4:30 and since I thought he would be okay, I didn’t take that appointment. And our sitter had double ear infections this week too and she was telling me how horrible it is and how painful it is, so now that I know that’s what he has, I feel really bad. I should have taken him yesterday, and since I didn’t, I prolonged his pain.
Now he has antibiotics and I bought some Motrin for him. He finally just went to sleep a little bit ago. I sure hope he gets better soon.